Thursday, June 17, 2010

a greener summer

I did wonder whether I would truly use my bike this summer (and hopefully into the fall) for practical and close errands. So far, so good. The basket works perfectly for milk, coffee and a small bag of groceries. The trip to the store by bike is literally 5 minutes -- a welcome change from driving for 1-2 items.


Happy to say the bike works great for longer rides. We have a beautiful bike path, The Pikes Peak Greenway, that runs north south through the city. From my house, it's about a 6 mile ride to downtown. My daughter and I recently made the trip...under streets with cool graffiti, through one of our loveliest city parks, Monument Valley, and finally ending with smoothies and browsing at Poor Richards, a favorite downtown bookstore. 



No comments: